Welcome to Year 4!
Mrs Maher and Mrs Leach would like to welcome all of our new year 4 children back to school! We hope you all had a great summer and are looking forward to hearing all about it over the next few days and weeks! We are really excited to be in year 4 and have a lot of amazing and fun lessons planned for the new curriculum.
Our first history topic is based on the Romans and we aim to answer the question: ‘Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?’ We will be researching the legacy of the Romans and also linking this to our new English topic of ‘Stories with historical settings’. Within this topic we will be reading a Roman story ‘Escape from Pompeii’ by Christina Balit before moving on to writing newspaper articles based on events from the Roman era. In maths we will also look at Roman numerals as well as place value, multiples, rounding and mental and written addition and subtraction methods.
We are looking forward to getting to know you all!
Mrs Maher and Mrs Leach
Some important information for Year 4 parents/carers:
- Children will take part in weekly guitar lessons on Monday’s
- Children will take part in weekly yoga lessons on Monday’s (P.E. kit needed)
- Children will have weekly Spanish lessons on a Tuesday
- Reading books should be brought into school every day.
- E lessons will be on different days depending on the week, so please ensure your P.E. is in school everyday
Year 4 teachers would like to encourage children to bring in water bottles and a piece of fruit for snack, if they wish. Book bags should be brought in everyday so children do not miss any opportunities to read to an adult.