Leamington gains International School Award
Leamington Community Primary has been Awarded International School Status
We are delighted to inform you that Leamington Community Primary School has been awarded the British Council International School Award, which recognises schools which have excelled in the area of international learning. We wanted to share the school’s success with you and explain what it means for pupils, teachers and the school as a whole.
What is the British Council International School Award?
The Award is an internationally recognised accreditation, awarded to schools which forge links with partners overseas and add an international dimension to the curriculum. Through working on joint projects and adding international elements to lessons, pupils (and teachers) are given a fresh perspective on the world and their place in it.
Taking part in the Award:
- links schools with others around the world
- teaches pupils about other countries and cultures
- prepares pupils for living and working in the global economy
- enhances teaching standards through sharing best practice and teaching methods
- leads to a new outwardly facing perspective and ethos for the school as a whole
If you would like to know more about the Award, and hear about inspirational stories from around the world, then go to www.schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org and visit the International School Award pages.
We hope you will join us in congratulating the school on this award and encourage pupils and the school to further develop and enhance their international learning and skills.