Welcome to Year 3
The year 3 teachers would like to welcome all of our year 3 children back to school and hope you all had a great summer! We are now really excited to be in the juniors and have a lot of amazing and fun lessons planned for the new curriculum.
This term our topic will be exploring “What makes the Earth angry?” The main purpose of this will be to investigate how natural disasters impact on the Earth. We will make links to English and Maths through this topic which will result in the creation of a documentary which will enhance the children’s computer skills.
Through our Science topic we will answer the question: ‘What do rocks tell us about the way the Earth was formed?’ This will involve investigating different types of rocks and fossils. We will be making a rock sculpture in Art and using Minecraft in computing.
Some important information for Year 3 parents/carers:
- PE. day for both Year 3 classes is Wednesday
- Children will have weekly Spanish lessons on a Tuesday
- Children will be taking part in weekly Samba sessions each Wednesday.
- Reading books should be brought into school every day.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday afternoon and is due back the next Wednesday.
Year 3 teachers would like to encourage children to bring in water bottles and a piece of fruit for snack, if they wish.
Book bags should be brought in everyday so children do not miss any opportunities to read to an adult.