Welcome to Year 3
The year 3 teachers would like to welcome all of our year 3 children back to school and hope you all had a great half term!
This term in history, children will explore ‘Who first lived in Britain?’ We will be researching the span of history from the Stone Age, through to the Bronze Age and up to the Iron Age. The children will be excited about this new topic in the curriculum and find out about how once our country was attached to Europe by land. We will look at the types of civilisations that existed, how they lived, what their houses were like and what weapons they used.
Our topic this term in Science is ‘Animals including humans’. We will be looking at the structure of the human body including the skeleton and the muscular system. We will discuss what is in a healthy diet and why this is important to the development and maintenance of our health.
Some important information for Year 3 parents/carers:
- PE. day for both Year 3 classes is Wednesday
- Children will have weekly Spanish lessons on a Tuesday
- Children will be taking part in weekly Samba sessions each Wednesday.
- Reading books should be brought into school every day.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday afternoon and is due back the next Wednesday.
Year 3 teachers would like to encourage children to bring in water bottles and a piece of fruit for snack, if they wish.
Book bags should be brought in everyday so children do not miss any opportunities to read to an adult.