Welcome to Year 6
Mrs Baxter, Miss Doyle and Miss Aucutt are looking forward to a busy term leading up to SATs. Mrs Mellor will also be joining us this term and we are excited to welcome her back.
We would like to emphasise how important attendance is during this year. Being in school every day is vital for Year 6 children to avoid missing important topics as there is lots to learn leading to SATs at the end of this academic year.
We hope you are ready for your final year of hard work at Leamington. Year 6 is a very challenging (but rewarding!) year.
Some important information for Year 6 is:
- PE will take place every Tuesday – PE kits must be in school please. here will also be an after-school club following the PE lesson.
- Spellings will be practised on a Wednesday.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and should be returned to school by Wednesday.
- A homework club takes place every Tuesday morning before school. Breakfast is provided!
- A further homework club will take place on a lunchtime.
- Ukuleles will continue every Monday.
- Spanish lessons will continue every Tuesday.
Year 6 teachers would like to encourage children to bring in water bottles and a piece of fruit for snack, if they wish. Book bags should be brought in everyday so children do not miss any opportunities to read to any adult.