Welcome to Year 4!
Welcome back! We hope you all had a great break and are ready to learn about our new topics.
Our first geography topic is based on settlements and we aim to answer the question: ‘Where would you choose to build a city?’ We will be exploring historical and modern settlements as well as using our mapping skills to compare land use and transport links before designing our own settlement. Within English we will be using drama and Lowry’s painting ‘The Fight’ to explore anti-bullying issues before moving on to exploring ‘Stories from other cultures.’ In maths we will master our written methods and begin to use fractions by Christmas.
Mrs Maher and Miss Tunstall
Some important information for Year 4 parents/carers:
- Children will take part in weekly guitar lessons on Monday’s
- Children will take part in yoga lessons on a Monday
- Children will have weekly Spanish lessons on a Tuesday
- Reading café will be from 2:30pm on Thursday’s.
- Reading books should be brought into school every day.
Year 4 teachers would like to encourage children to bring in water bottles and a piece of fruit for snack, if they wish. Book bags should be brought in everyday so children do not miss any opportunities to read to an adult.