Leamington Community Primary School and Liverpool City Council are committed to protecting the health, safety and welfare of all employees and others affected by its work. Any forms of violence and abusive behaviour is unacceptable, and employees and others must be protected as far as is reasonably practicable. The School will therefore ensure that:
- risk assessments for the workplace are completed;
- employees play an active role in the risk assessment process;
- measures identified through risk assessment are implemented and monitored;
- employees are given access to information, training and supervision so they can carry out their duties safely and effectively;
- violent and abusive incidents are reported and investigated;
- employees who initiate civil proceedings against assailants are supported legally, subject to the employee having acted reasonably.
Please take a look at our Managing Agressive Behaviour from Parents or Visitors 2019 policy.
Liverpool City Council will take action against any person who is violent (including shouting) towards its staff, which may include Police involvement and/or withdrawal of services.